|This could change your life.
||[Feb. 26th, 2007|03:44 pm]
University of Auckland students... and others
Hi guys, sorry about the somewhat dire title. As the current admin of this community I'd like to welcome all new students to the University Of Auckland. I have a couple of things that may be helpful to some people, maybe even you o-O hehe.
- If you need a list for this semester's textbooks, Vol 1 Bookstore on Symonds St have them right by the door. (They're also giving away cans of V, Chupachups and pens when you shop there ;) ) Worth a look to compare prices with University Bookstore, anyway.
- Don't forget to register with the Student Learning Center! It's only $10 a year and they have helpful courses throughout. I had one last week and it really helped and got my confidence up for one of my weaker subjects. Also, if you're learning a language or want to learn a skill they can pair you up with someone who can help/teach you, provided you teach them English/a language/a skill of yours! This programme is called the Language and Skills Exchange programme, more info is here.
- O-Week is this week, check out some of the bands and stuff they got going in the quad during the day and at Shads at night. There is a full programme here. ^^
- And finally, something more personal. ;) I'm selling two textbooks, both are prescribed texts for the following classes:
If you'd like to buy one or both book/s, please email me at email@example.com If no-one has contacted me about the textbooks by March 9th I'll be selling them to UBS.
- Linguist 100: I have a copy of An Introduction To Language (Fromkin) in excellent condition - as new. I bought it for $119 from UBS, make a reasonable offer and I might feel generous ;) It's very useful for explaining things that the lecturer doesn't make into much sense.
- Sociol 106: Almighty Auckland (Carter et al.) You will need this book for tutorials. You will need this book for the essay. You will need this book for the test, and you will most definitely need this book for the exam. I swear, the course was created for this book, and the markers will love you for quoting it (after all, they wrote it). Bought secondhand for $20, will sell for $12 or near offer. In quite good condition, edges of cover are just a little worn.
Sorry for the lots of words! Have a great O'Week!